Why do you need to reset Windows 10?
- Sometimes your computer becomes very slow, because you have many unused applications installed and store a lot of unused stuff in your hard disk. Some people like to flush everything and start using Windows from scratch, like my sister.
- You want to sell your computer and delete all data from it.
- Other cases 🙂
So how can we do that using Windows 10?
- Open “Start Menu”.
- Go to “Settings” (click gear icon).
- Select “Update & Security”.
- Click “Recovery” on the left pane.
- Click button “Get started” under “Reset this PC” option.
- Then Windows will ask you, how do you want to reset this PC. There will be 2 options:
- “Keep my files” – It will remove all programs & restore default settings. Your personal files will not be deleted.
- “Remove everything” – It will remove everything. Your personal files also will be deleted.
- You will be asked, what do you want to do with your drives. There will be 2 options:
- “Just remove my files” – it simply just remove files.
- “Remove files and clean drive” – it removes files and clean partitions, that means deleted data can not be recovered. Use this option if you are going sell your computer.
- Click “Reset” button when prompted.
- Select “Continue (Exit and continue to Windows 10)”.
- That’s all!